Cross-institutional study

Studying at another Australian university and counting the results towards your ANU program is known as cross-institutional study.

Students are not normally enrolled at ANU when studying cross-institutionally, however it is possible to study at another university concurrently with your ANU studies.

This is most commonly achieved by combining ANU studies with online courses from another university, or with courses from another Canberra institution.

If you plan to study concurrently at ANU and another institution, be sure to indicate this when applying.

How to apply

Things to keep in mind

  • If you are not enrolling at ANU but are seeking permission to undertake studies at another Australian tertiary institution to count towards your ANU program, you do not need to register ANU enrolment.
  • If the courses you are studying elsewhere will complete your ANU program requirements, you should indicate this at the time you lodge your form.
  • Ensure that you are aware of the enrolment and procedural deadlines of the university you plan to study at. Allow plenty of time to meet all deadlines.

Updated:  22 August 2014/ Responsible Officer:  Registrar/ Page Contact:  DRSS Communications